- Glass Tips diff. Colors€0.85Incl. VAT
- Seamine glass sieve 10mm, different coloursAs low as €1.00Incl. VAT
- Seamine glass sieve 12mm, different coloursAs low as €0.80Incl. VAT
Glass filter tips for roll-your-own cigarettes
A glass filter tip is one of the most common smoking accessories used for rolling into long papers and blunt wraps, along with joint accessories such as grinders and rolling aids.
The small glass filters for sport cigarettes are represented by all prices and price groups. They often exist as rather simple versions, made of clear or coloured glass, with or without print. But there are also expensive versions, elaborately designed from heady glass with multi-coloured decorations in abstract or figurative design. Various manufacturers offer glass filters of different lengths, diameters and formats. Within Germany, the glass filters from ROOR, RAW and EHLE are among the best-known products.
In our shop you will find glass filters of well-known as well as regional brands such as Heisenberg glass tips in a pack of 3 including a metal storage box, but also low-priced no-name alternatives to suit smaller budgets.
How to use a glass tip
The way a glass tip is used depends on its size and shape. In the long run, 3 variations have emerged that show how the standard smoker most commonly uses their glass filter:
- The glass tip is rolled into the paper like a regular paper filter tip. For tips with a wide mouthpiece end, the mouthpiece end is left outside and the paper is rolled up around the tip to form a cone.
- With glass tips with a sufficiently wide diameter, the cones can also be inserted directly into the glassy filter tip. In this case, it is a good idea to build the pre-rolled cones with an activated carbon filter or a paper filter, which give the paper tube sufficient stability. With this type of use, you must make sure that the hand-rolled cone always sits securely inside the glass tip. Because if it does not fit properly, meaning that it doesn't go deep enough in the glass filter or has too much clearance, the joint can fall out and hit the floor.
- A few, large filter tips made of glass offer the possibility of being packed and smoked immediately, similar to a One Hitter. However, this is only recommended for experienced smokers, as the short length shortens the distance to the oral cavity and the smoke can be correspondingly hot. Furthermore, the filter only offers space for a minimal amount of herbs.
Advantages of a glass filter tip
The use of a glass filter has several advantages:
- Glass has a smoke-cooling effect and is pleasantly cool on your lips, especially with filter tips with a wide mouthpiece end.
- Most glass filters can be combined with an activated carbon filter. Depending on the tip diameter, with 6mm Slim filters or even an 8mm filter such as those made by Purize, RAW or ActiTube.
- Glass filter tips are reusable.
- The filters are easy to clean. For cleaning, simply use a little hot water, soapy water or (if it is not harmful to a print) high-proof alcohol.
- If a glass filter does break, you can simply dispose of it in the waste glass.
You want to buy a glass tip now? Then don't forget to order the papers to go with it. Simply order the matching cones and booklets in King Size, Regular Size, Wide or King Size Slim format from our Papers category!