Oil / Waxx / Dabbing
- Heisenberg Banger GLOW, 18.8was €14.90 Special Price €11.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Thermochrome Banger II 14.5€14.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Thermochrome Banger II 18.8€14.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Quartz-Banger Deep 14.5€14.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Quartz-Banger Deep 18.8€14.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Quartz-Banger Slant 18.8€8.99Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Blue Incubator V3€29.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Blue Incubator V2€29.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Color Grid Banger 18.8As low as €24.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Forge Dabbing BangerAs low as €10.90Incl. VAT
- Terp Slurper Banger with Carb Cap 18.8As low as €24.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Color Grid Banger 14.5As low as €24.90Incl. VAT
- Heisenberg Thermochrome Banger 14.5 or 18.8As low as €24.90Incl. VAT
- HNBG Dabbing Set 6-piece with Bamboo Box and Rolling Tray€36.90Incl. VAT
- Double Female Adapter 14.5 > 14.5€6.90Incl. VAT
- Double Female Adapter 18.8 > 18.8€6.90Incl. VAT
Vaporize concentrates and oil with a dab rig
Who needs expensive vaporizers when you can enjoy concentrates with a glass bong? A bong that is suitable for dabbing is called an oil bong, dab rig or oil rig. To use it effectively, special dabbing tools are needed, such as dabbers, heat-resistant nails made of steel or glass, as well as Bunsen burners and lighters with jet flame. Currently, smoking via dab rigs is gaining popularity in Germany.
What is dabbing?
Originally a trend in the USA, dabbing is now also practiced in Europe. In dabbing, also known as oil smoking or extract vaping, substances are inhaled in concentrated form with the help of special bowls - so-called domes or bangers. This makes it very popular with customers, especially pain patients, who consume extracts with increased active ingredient content for medicinal purposes, such as hash oil or wax. What makes dabbing special is that the concentrates are vaporized rather than burned. Among the most popular dabbing concentrates is BHO: "Butane Hash Oil" or simply wax. It is extracted from suitable plants by means of butane gas, dimethyl ether or similar solvents. This makes BHO particularly pure and unadulterated - which makes for an intense smoking experience. Because only highly concentrated substances with a high active ingredient content are vaporized during dabbing, it is rather unsuitable for beginners to use dab rigs.
How do I recognize a dab rig?
Visually, there is not much difference between a glass bong and a dab rig for the layman - however, these devices are by no means the same. Oil bongs often have a masculine glass joint and, compared to a bong for consuming herbs, are of a smaller size. They appear increasingly as small-format beakers and recycler resp. incycler bongs, which are equipped with more or less elaborate percolator systems in order to subject the vaporized concentrate to the best possible cooling, even over a short distance to the mouthpiece. Due to their compact design, dab rigs with a carb hole are rarely found. The most obvious difference, however, is in the bowl. Unlike the traditional funnel-shaped herb bowl, the dab rig is equipped with a dab nail (with or without a glass dome) or a banger made of a heat-resistant base material such as borosilicate glass, quartz glass, stainless steel or even titanium.
Do I have to buy a dab rig in order to dab?
In the past, this might have been mandatory - but those days are long gone! With suitable ground joint adapters, reducers and oil nails for male AND female connections, you can use practically any bong for vaporizing concentrates. However, you should keep 2 things in mind: 1. choose a smaller model so that the concentrate can be drawn through optimally and thus be fully utilized instead of just settling on the glass. 2. make sure that the evaporated concentrate can be cooled as best as possible - otherwise it will get super hot!
Choosing the right dabbing temperature
To perform dabs in such a way that you get the best out of your extracts, the oil nail must first reach a temperature of 148°C and above. If the temperature lies below, the taste and effect of the extract will suffer because it will not evaporate completely. Broadly speaking, there are 3 temperature ranges in which dabs can be done right.
- 157-232°C - Low Temp Dab: Loved by connoisseurs. In this range you get the best flavor with soft hits.
- 232-315°C - Medium Temp Dab: For intense flavor with strong effects.
- 315-482°C - High Temp Dab: Crass hits, but with greater flavor loss and a slightly burnt aftertaste.
From a temperature range of 482°C and more, the concentrates are no longer vaporized, but combusted on the heated nail. This means that the taste and ingredients are lost to you and the dab was wasted. It usually takes some experience to find the right temperature range when dabbing with an oil bong and a gas burner. For this reason, a tool like an E-Nail, which can be used to specifically adjust the vaporization temperature, is very popular.
The right dabbing accessories
The best dab rig is of no use to you if you don't have the right dabbing accessories. Well known tools for dabbing oil and wax include the following:
- Dabber - A long instrument that you use to dab the concentrate onto a heated oil nail. Available in many shapes and materials.
- Banger & Oil Nails - Special metal or glass bowls designed for using concentrates. They are heated by exposing them to a strong heat source, to subsequently vaporize concentrates within them. In the form of metal bangers, they are also often available with a combi connector for several ground joint sizes, such as the oil head Elbow.
- Carb Caps - Caps made of glass, ceramic or other base materials. They are used to cover oil nails and bangers that do not have their own dome. With their use, the heat of the oil bowl is maintained and the air supply can be manually adjusted according to your own preferences. They are also available as a hybrid product in the form of a Carb Cap Dabber.
- Non-stick accessory - Non-stick accessories for processing and storing concentrates such as cans made of silicone, glass but also in the form of silicone mats.